If you’re looking for a new cookie to add to the collection this year, these festive Chocolate Crackles are surely an excellent choice.
We all know that Christmas is the season to be jolly…and insanely busy. Since these cookies require a 3-4 hour chilling time, it’s best to make the dough the night before.
See, there’s always a way to fit baking into your schedule! The gym on the other hand….;)
Christmas Crackle Cookies (recipe adapted from Pursuit of Functional Home)
1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 cup White sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
4 medium Eggs
1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 cups All-purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1-2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1. In a medium bowl mix together the cocoa powder, sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Now stir in the vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine the flour mixture with the cocoa mixture.
4. Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for minimum 4 hours. Overnight is preferable. You can also place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Make 1 inch balls out of the dough and roll in confectioners sugar.
7. Place on the cookie sheet and bake in a preheat oven. Bake 8-10 minutes.
Happy Friday the 13th.
P.S Christmas is just 11 days, 12 hours, 52 minutes and 20 seconds away!