Happy Easter everyone! I hope the Easter Bunny played nice this year. For those of you in need of an appetizer idea for Easter Dinner, I’ve come to the rescue with my deviled eggs!
….Before you roll your eyes, let me just say that these are far from the ordinary deviled egg!
Easter Chicks’ Deviled Eggs
1 dozen eggs
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp white sugar
½ tsp celery salt (optional)
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 baby carrot cut into small triangle pieces (for nose decoration)
24 black sesame seeds (for eye decoration)
1. Place the eggs in a large pot in a single layer and fill with water to cover by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil; immediately remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Drain. Cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel the eggs.
2. Cut the top 1/3 of each egg off and set aside. Now thinly cut the bottom of the egg just enough so the egg stands upright. Hollow out the yolks & transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Add mayonnaise, mustard, balsamic vinegar, sugar, celery salt & fresh ground pepper to the egg yolk and mash until smooth. You can also do this step in a blender for a smoother consistency.
4. Spoon the egg mixture into a ziploc bag, squeeze it into the corner of the bag & cut off the corner tip. Pipe the egg filling into the empty egg bottoms.
5. Place black sesame seed eyes and carrot beak in the egg and top with egg white tops.
Now these are some quality chicks!
Hope your long weekend with friends & family is special. Wishing I could be with mine today!
Love from Poland,