In need of a quick Mother’s day recipe for tomorrow? Look no further. These Mixed Potato and Eggs’ Bird nests are so simple too make. So whether your mamma prefers a cozy breakfast in bed or a family brunch around the table, you’ll charm her with these homemade Mixed Potato and Eggs’ Bird Nests!
This comes guaranteed.
Mixed Potato & Egg Birds’ Nests
Adapted from acozykitchen Food Blog
1 russet potato, peeled
1 sweet potato, peeled
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 shallot, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup sharp aged cheddar cheese, shredded
8 medium eggs
1. Generously grease a muffin tin and set aside. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Grate the potatoes and transfer them to a bowl. Sprinkle with kosher salt and allow the shredded potatoes to sit for 10 minutes. Gather the potatoes in a bundle of paper towels and wring dry, removing all the excess water.
3. Transfer the dried potato back to the original bowl & add in the minced shallot, garlic, and seasonings. Mix thoroughly until combined.
4. Spoon around 2 tablespoon of the shredded potato mixture into each muffin cup. Make sure you adequately line the bottom & sides of each cup. Bake for 13 minutes or until the sides appear lightly golden brown. Keep an eye on them!
5. After 13 minutes, remove the hashbrown nests from the oven. Decrease the oven temperature to 350F. Add a tsp of grated cheddar cheese to each nest & then top with one egg. Bake for an extra 10 minutes or until the egg white have set.
6. Allow the nests to cool for a few minutes before using a butter knife to gently remove each one from the tin. Serves 8.
Sending all the moms out there so much love! Especially my mama. Wouldn’t be here without her. Thanks for being so fab.