Who knew it was possible to improve the Kale Chip! I sure didn’t! Well, until I discovered the Bacon Salt & Vinegar flavor that is.
If you must know…I’m obsessed with Kale Chips. And it’s not because of the whole “low fat low calorie” thing– ok, well maybe just a little. Think about it though, what’s better than being able to satisfy that “chip crunch”..guilt free!?
That’s what I thought!
Now, let’s talk about Bacon Salt for a hot sec. My friends always approach me with what I like to call the “Bacon Salt Dilemma”. The stories all share common grounds, “I got way too excited when I saw it…had to buy it …and now it’s sitting in my pantry because I have no idea what to do with it”.
If you are experiences any of the symptoms above, suffer no more! Sprinkling Bacon Salt on Kale Chips is as genius as the invention of the Kale Chip itself. For those of you who have never seen or heard about Bacon Salt—I apologize for the over excitement I may have caused. I purchased mine from LaLa’s Gift Store in my beautiful hometown of Deep Cove.
Bacon Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 ½ teaspoons bacon salt ( a little goes a long way!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Separate the leaves and wash the kale thoroughly in cold water. Pat dry (easiest done with paper towel).
3. Slice out the tough center stem, then tear the leaves into bite size pieces. Toss onto a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar & season with bacon salt. Massage the pieces until coated. Spread them evenly (single layer) in pan.
4. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned & crispy.
5. Once ready, remove from oven & transfer to a cooling rack.
I got you covered for beach season!