Waking up 20 minutes earlier this morning to make these gorgeous waffles was well worth it. Waffles on a Thursday should become a more regular thing. Waffles every morning should become a more regular thing.
These are the perfect waffles—light and airy, with just the right amount of crispy-ness. The beating of the egg whites is the secret step in this recipe, it really make a BIG difference.
The Perfect Waffles
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg yolks
1 ¾ cups milk
100 ml of canola oil
2 egg whites
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine together the flour, baking powder and the salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
2. In another bowl beat the egg yolk gently. Stir in the milk and oil. Give it a quick stir until combined.
3. Add egg yolk mixture all at once to the dry. Stir just until moistened. Do not over stir please! Your batter should be lumpy.
4. In another small bowl, beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
5. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the flour and egg yolk mixture. Be cautious about over mixing in this step too. You should leave a few fluffs of egg white.
How easy was that ?
Enjoy your day.